Tom Yum Pasta


 Ho ho ho! Although tom yum pasta is not new, I have never liked it at all. I’ve tried it many times from different cafes in different states in Malaysia, but none is to my liking. Most of them taste either too creamy or too sour…until my sky dining cousin chef made some of me. So simple, yet tasty. I can’t believe it’s that good! Ok, let’s get to the recipe:

- 160g spaghetti 
- 70g chicken (minced)
- 1 shitake mushroom
- 1 sweet pepper
- 1 tbsp tum yum paste (find the authentic Thai version)
- 1oz cream 
- 2oz water 

Steps: 
1. Boil the pasta. 
2. In a pan, add 1tbsp oil. Stir fry the chicken and mushroom and sweet pepper until light brown. 
3. Add the paste, cream and water. Let it cook for about a minute at low heat.
4. Add pasta. At this point, turn the heat to the max and mix everything together until the sauce is well cooked. This should take at about a minute.
5. Place the cooked pasta in a plate.

I like to add some pea sprouts and traces of fresh lime leaves on it. The peas will give the dish a nutty taste. Yummy!

Comments

Popular Posts