Bagel was like my staple food back during my student days in Canada. I cook at home for dinner but in between classes at the university I was quite on a tight spot to find halal meals. Bagels, cookies and fish sandwiches are often the safe choice. 

It is easy to find bagels in North America. It is difficult to find people who know what bagel is in Malaysia. Not many restaurant, bakery or cafe have it on their menu. There is a roastery in Kelana Jaya that I frequent for their coffee and nice bagels but the price is quite steep- some RM15 for a bagel sandwich.

My wife makes really good bagels, just as nice as those I savored back during my studying days. She stayed in the USA for 5 years and worked several jobs including at a diner. Her housemate was then a cook and now is a chef in a 5-star hotel in Kuala Lumpur. Somehow she has a passion for making pastries and bagel is one of the thing that she can make better than most people, though most people are clueless about bagel.





We currently make 4 varieties of bagel- sesame, black sesame, poppy seed and jalapeno cheese. You can cut it half and make it into a variety of sandwich, my particular favorite is with turkey slice. Because bagel is harder than sliced bread, the sandwich is sturdier and the fillings can be more diverse. Otherwise, just eat it with cream cheese with a cup of hot Americano. 





Where bagels came from? Some said the inner part of Europe but we know where they will go to eventually- your mouth. 


We deliver bagels in a 6-piece packs, each has 3 varieties. The current price is RM15 per pack. Yes, just RM2.50 each which is a real steal.

Comments

Popular Posts